skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Post #2
As a student I have seen many of my teachers using Microsoft Word, in fact it has been one of the main teaching tools they use. I have been using MS Word for years, throughout my career as a student, to complete assignments, type essays, and simply save to-do lists. I like using MS Word because it has so many useful options available like using bullets and tables, as well as spelling and grammar check, you can also insert images or charts and graphs, create outlines and borders, and even use the thesaurus. I have seen my teachers use MS Word for years for creating tests and quizzes, teaching students to experience with different formatting, like creating a newspaper, initiating problem solving, and work on spelling and sentence mechanics.
A good example of a case that uses MS Word creatively in a school setting is the creation of weekly newsletters and flyer's, keeping students informed about their school and promoting school events and fundraisers. I think it's a great way for students to feel involved in their school because they are writing and reading about it. The great thing about using MS Word to create these newsletters/flyer's is that many graphics can be added and many formats can be used. If the school wants the newsletter to appear as it would in The Tallahassee Democrat the students can experience with different formatting to create the look of a real news article. I think this creative use of MS word helps students release their creativity as well as learn new formatting skills.
Of the skills I have acquired in class so far I think the most useful to me in my educational career are creating and saving paint documents, using folders, and creating tests and quizzes. Paint documents are simple to understand and useful for saving or obtaining information. Personal student folders would be extremely useful because the students could save all their work in one place. Creating tests and quizzes is a very important part of MS Word for all teachers because we will be utilizing these tools throughout our careers.
I am glad you mentioned newsletters and flyers because that is what we will work on during today's class. :)
ReplyDelete