In my classroom I will take a constructivist approach to using computers so as to engage my students and make them feel as though they are taking charge and learning along the way. Problem-based learning would also be an important part of my teaching because it lets the students work alone or with a group to construct their own learning, problem solve, and generate a solution. Both constructivism and problem-based learning help to give students higher-order thinking skills like predicting outcomes, and comparing and analyzing problems and solutions. One day I hope to use these skills in my own classroom to promote these abilities. In this class I hope to learn how to create an effective learning environment, incorporating these skills, in which my students will thrive. I also hope to learn how to properly use spreadsheets and other data analysis tools to teach my students.
I have changed my major many times over the course of my FSU career and I think I have finally settled on what I want to do with my life. It's amazing to type that.. I realize that the one thing I want to do the most with my life is help others. One day I hope to become a guidance counselor rather than a teacher because I want to work in a more one-on-one setting and really get to the root of the problem or predicament. I am excited for my future in education and I am truly looking forward to learning a lot from this class.
Teachers do need to have a good understanding of how computers and technology work. especially these days when the students seem to know a lot more than the teachers... On another note.. im glad u decided what your going to do. A lot of people still don't know what they want to do.
ReplyDelete