Sunday, October 18, 2009

Post #6

Using the concepts in Chapter 8 I critiqued my own PowerPoint 1 assignment, the first concept is writing. The spelling and grammar in my presentation is correct and I kept my points short and simple like the assignment asked, I would mark the writing as Excellent. The next concept is content, in which I would give myself an Excellent because I included all of the necessary graphics and visuals and the information was all there, and easy to absorb. Navigation is the next concept and I would give my presentation an Excellent because I included "next page" arrows on each slide, and by clicking the mouse the user can easily navigate through the slides and their content. For the screen design concept I would give myself an Excellent because the format I chose is simple yet pleasing to the eye, I use multiple bullets, graphics and animation are incorporated to engage the viewer, and the font is easy to read.
Development of the presentation is the last concept addressed in Chapter 8 and I would mark my presentation as Excellent because I followed all the guidelines included in our assignment and executed it correctly.

In the classroom I can use peripherals like printers and cameras to take pictures of insects with my students, upload them to a computer where they can research and label the parts of the insects, and then they can print their pictures and show them off to their parents! Other non-computer audio-visual technologies I can use in the classroom are tape recorders and televisions. Tape recorders are a fun tool for students to work with, and they can record their own voice, say for a Spanish project, and play it back to themselves to make corrections and listen to how they sound. Television are a very useful non-computer tool that I could use in my classroom to show my students videos, view the local news and weather, and see the day-to-day school announcements.

During the last week we learned in class and from practice how to create PowerPoint presentations and work with the formatting options and tools. I think this skill will be especially useful because PowerPoint is a great tool for the classroom, especially for presentations. It keeps students engaged and interested and it is easy to manipulate and create for yourself.

1 comment:

  1. I liked your peripheral idea of taking pictures of bugs for the students.

    ReplyDelete